Pages

Week 30: Little Girl's Birthday


Weeks ago, when my sister in law was here, we celebrated Little Girl's Birthday.
Her First  Birthday.

For this special ocassion I sewed her dress.



The pattern I choosed had to be the Geranium Dress.(I even dreamed about it).
(The pictures are not very good, I took them with my phone. And Little Girl didn't want to look the camera.)




What I have to say?

It's very cute and girly.  Is easy to sew. The back is with buttons but if you are afraid about them you can use snaps. I used snaps, I put them 5 minutes before the guests were here.

I made the gathered version (there is a pleated one too). Sewed flutter sleve (I love!!) and a notched neckline. You have more options about the neck and sleeves. Check here


The fabric is a white broadcloth I painted with fabric markers.

I have to confess. I sewed this dress like two months ago and I sewed the hem one week before the birthday party. I don't like sew hem. Right now I have three projects waiting for hem.


The girls who assisted to the birthday party went home with tees. I made the Doli Tank for them. I used white knit and painted them with fabric markers.

The pattern doesn't call for knits but it looks pretty good.




@dottedwhale


Little Girl's Dress
Pattern: Geranium Dress by Made by Rae.
Fabric: White Broadcloth handpainted.

Guest's Tee
Pattern: Doli Tank by LouBeeClothing.
Fabric: White Tees handpainted. 

No comments: